Chicken Farfalle with Broccoli, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Goat Cheese
- Yield servings
- I cup washed fresh basil leaves, without stems
- 2 -- garlic cloves
- -- zest from one medium lemon
- cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil 8 ounces fresh goat cheese or chevre
- 1/3 cup cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 -- boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- -- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 -- shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florettes
- -- I pound box Farfalle or Bow Tie Pasta
- 1/2 cup Freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese
In a food proceesor fitted with with the steel blade, pulse basil, garlic, lemon zest and sundried tomatoes until coarsely chopped. Set aside. Cream goat cheese and heavy cream. Add to mixure and refrigerate. (Can be prepared one day ahead) Allow to come to room temp. before using.
Sprinkle chicken cubes with salt and pepper on each side. Add olive oil and butter to a preheated heavy saute pan or skillet with high sides. Add chicken cubes and saute over medium high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove and refrigerate.
Add onion and shallots to the same pan and reduce heat to medium. Stir constantly until softened approx. 7 to 8 minutes. Do not allow to brown.
Meanwhile, bring a large kettle of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and blanch for 2-3 minutes. Place into a bowl of ice water to shock. Remove and drain in a colander until ready to use.
When water returns to the boil, add
pasta. When pasta has cooked for 4-5 minutes, return chicken to skillet with the onion mixture, add the broccoli and saute over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is combined and heated through, approx. 3-4 minutes. Taste to adjust seasoning, adding additional salt and pepper if needed.
Reduce heat to medium low, add cooked drained pasta and stir constantly until combined for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add Goat cheese mixture and Parmesan cheese and mix well with a large fork or wooden spoon to combine. Serve immediately. Can be reheated in microwave.
In the same pan