Fancy Covered Meatballs
- Yield 16 pieces
A flaky crescent rolls envelops a meatball for a perfect appetizer
My sister discovered this recipe in an old recipe book used as a fund-raiser a long time ago. It is an appetizer she uses for special dinner parties but can be used anytime. My family enjoys it whenever I make it.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix ground beef with onion soup mix and form into 16 one-inch meatballs.
- Open rolls on a cutting board. Cut 8 rolls down the middle, making 16 pieces. P
- ress each one with palm of hand to flatten. Place meatball on wide side and roll up bringing sides together.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake 13 to 15 minutes until lightly browned.
—Roberta Bindman, Silver Spring, MD