EZ Shepards Pie
- Yield: 4-8 servings
- 1pound Lean Ground Beef (90/10 or 93/7)
- 1large Egg
- 2envelopes Dry Onion Soup Mix
- 1small Can Green Peas & Diced Carrots
- 1can 12 oz Heinz Homestyle Beef Gravy
- 1/2cup HP or A1 steak sauce
- 2-- 9 inch Pie Shells
- 1large Family Size 'Country Crock' or 'Bob Evans' Mashed Potatoes
- 2+packets Instant Oatmeal
In Medium-Large size bowl, mix Ground Beef with Egg, Beef Gravy and both packets of Onion Soup mix. Add HP or A1 steak sauce and mix again. Drain liquid from Peas & Carrots and add Peas & Carrots to beef and stir. Add 1 packets of Instant Oatmeal and mix. Beef mix should be the consistancy of a meatloaf: add 2nd packet (or more) Instant Oatmeal if needed.
Divide beef mix between the 2 Pie Shells and level/smooth out.. Cover edges of pie crusts with aluminum foil to prevent burning: bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. While pies are baking, heat mashed potatoes up as per directions. fter pies are baked, remove from Oven and spread 1/2 of mashed potatoes over each pie. Remove foil from edge of crusts and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
Uncooked pie can be frozen and baked later. Can substitute 1 Large Extra-Deep Dish (2+ inches deep) Pie Shell for 2 regular Pie Shells; if this is done, use 1 regular container of mashed potatoes.