Extra-Virgin Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 5pounds all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into thirds crosswise
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add a good pinch of salt and bring to a boil 30 to 35 minutes until tender. Drain off liquid, reserving about 1 cup. Place potatoes back in pot and cook over a low heat to dry potatoes.
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over low heat. Add garlic and saute 5 minutes until garlic just begins to color. Remove from heat.
- Mash potatoes with a masher or fork and gradually add garlic mixture. Mash until somewhat smooth, adding some reserved potato water; season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 344
- Fat 14g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 13mg
- Carbohydrate 51g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 4g