Exotic Shrimp Soup
- Yield 8 servings
A fusion of flavors in fantastic festive soup.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups peeled, chopped sweet potatoes (yams)
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 pound medium peeled shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cocnut extract
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté tomatoes, onion, garlic in a large nonstick for 5-7 minutes.
- Add broth, sweet potatoes, zucchini, and bring to a boil before stirring in shrimp, oregano, chili powder, coconut extract, pineapple juice.
- Reduce to low heat until sweet potatoes are tender and shrimp are almost done. Add corn, simmer 5 minutes.