- 1 1/2cups chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1cup chopped onion
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 4cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2cups peeled, chopped sweet potatoes (yams)
- 1/2cup chopped zucchini
- 1pound medium peeled shrimp
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1teaspoon cocnut extract
- 1/2cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1cup frozen corn
- Salt and pepper
- Sauté tomatoes, onion, garlic in a large nonstick for 5-7 minutes.
- Add broth, sweet potatoes, zucchini, and bring to a boil before stirring in shrimp, oregano, chili powder, coconut extract, pineapple juice.
- Reduce to low heat until sweet potatoes are tender and shrimp are almost done. Add corn, simmer 5 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Gulf Coast Favorites (Holly Clegg, 2008). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 150
- Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 84mg
- Sodium 315mg
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 12g
- Protein 12g