Everyone's Favorite Chicken
- Yield: 6 servings
"When I bring this casserole, everyone loves it. Any leftovers go home with whoever gets there first!"
- 3cups diced, cooked chicken (2 large breasts)
- 2medium celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce can) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/3cup sliced almonds
- 1 (2-ounce) jar pimientos, undrained
- 1tablespoon minced onion
- 3/4cup light mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon black pepper
- 1cup (2 ounces) canned French fried onions
- 6ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 11 x 7-inch baking dish.
- Combine chicken, celery, water chestnuts, almonds, pimientos, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix well.
- Place in prepared dish and top with the French fried onions and cheese. Bake, covered, 30 minutes, or until cheese melts.
— Recipe submitted by Elaine Arnold