- Yield 30 servings
Serve these rich chocolate brownies with raspberries or strawberries.
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso coffee powder (see note below)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the margarine, sugar, egg, egg white and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, espresso powder and baking powder. Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing well. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into a 9x9x2-inch pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 20 to 25 mintues, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.