- Yield 12 servings
Laced with dried cranberries and fortified with bran, the muffins are a hearty morning treat.
"I add variety to my meals by experimenting. Muffins are a favorite, so I tried some different ingredients. My husband was impressed."
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup grape juice
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup bran
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease 12 cups of muffins tins.
- Using an electric mixer, blend egg, margarine, and sugar in a bowl. Mix in grape juice and half-and-half. Combine flour, bran, and baking soda.
- Mix with cranberries and stir in to egg mixture.
- Put in a greased muffin pan and bake about 12 minutes.
—Brenda Adams, Weatherford, Texas