Endive and Pear Salad
- Yield 2 servings
The flavor of sweet, juicy pear offsets the slightly bitter endive in this simple but elegant salad.
- 2 cups bite-size pieces field greens
- 2 medium endives, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/8 cup chopped hazelnuts or walnuts
- 2 teaspoons olive, walnut or hazelnut oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry, champagne or wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place 1 cup field greens on each plate. In a nonreactive medium mixing bowl, toss remaining ingredients well and place over field greens. Serve immediately.