End-of-the-Crop Berry Pie
- Yield 8 servings
Blueberries, strawberries and raspberries filled a luscious double-crust, deep-dish pie.
"When blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries were all available, something needed to be made with them. I put the three varieties together and tried these pies."
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Unfold one pie crust and roll out to fit in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan. Place crust in pan.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- To prepare filling, combine sugar, 5 tablespoons flour and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix well. Add blueberries, strawberries and raspberries; stir gently to coat completely.
- Pour berry mixture into pie crust and top with pieces of butter. Unfold remaining pie crust and place on top of filling. Trim to fit and pinch edges of crusts together to seal. Using a sharp knife, make 4 or 5 decorative slashes in top crust. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, until crust is brown and berries are bubbly.
–Kathy Karaba, Ashland, Wis.