End-of-the-Crop Berry Pie
- Yield: 8 servings
"When blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries were all available, something needed to be made with them. I put the three varieties together and tried these pies."
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 3/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons, sugar
- 5tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 3/4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1cup fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2cups fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Unfold one pie crust and roll out to fit in the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan. Place crust in pan.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- To prepare filling, combine sugar, 5 tablespoons flour and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix well. Add blueberries, strawberries and raspberries; stir gently to coat completely.
- Pour berry mixture into pie crust and top with pieces of butter. Unfold remaining pie crust and place on top of filling. Trim to fit and pinch edges of crusts together to seal. Using a sharp knife, make 4 or 5 decorative slashes in top crust. Bake 35 to 45 minutes, until crust is brown and berries are bubbly.
–Kathy Karaba, Ashland, Wis.