End of Summer Rice Salad with Tuna
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 20 mins
A super easy and zesty salad built on leftover Chinese rice, it can act as a main dish or side.
- 2 1/2 cups cold basmati or white rice
- 1 (16-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 chopped roasted red and/or yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 ounces cooked fresh tuna steaks, chunked
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss well. Let stand at least 1 hour.
- Serve at room temperature.