Emeril’s Farmers’ Market Frittata
- Yield: 8 servings
“Breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner? And anywhere in between: eat a frittata. You can easily substitute other chopped vegetables, cup for cup, for the filling ingredients here.”—Emeril Lagasse
- 8 eggs
- 3tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3tablespoons butter
- 1cup thinly sliced onions
- 1cup thinly sliced green, red or orange bell peppers, or a mix
- 1cup thinly sliced mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1cup fresh corn kernels
- 1cup diced smoked ham
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, basil, thyme, parsley, oregano, or your favorite mixture
- 1cup grated Swiss cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Set a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat the broiler.
- Whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl until combined.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers and cook, stirring as need, until soft, 7 to 8 minutes. Add mushrooms and corn and cook 2 minutes. Add ham and cook until warmed, about 1 minute. Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter; when melted, add egg mixture. Sprinkle fresh herbs over eggs, and top with cheese. Reduce heat to medium and cook eggs, undisturbed, 3 minutes, or until the surface begins to bubble and the bottom starts to set.
- Immediately place pan in oven and broil until golden brown on top, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Using a rubber spatula, loosen frittata from sides of pan. Tilt pan and gently slide frittata onto a platter. Serve hot or warm.
Recipe by Emeril Lagasse. Reprinted with permission from Farm to Fork: Cooking Local, Cooking Fresh (William Morrow Cookbooks, Inc., 2010).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 260
- Fat 19g
- Cholesterol 230mg
- Sodium 510mg
- Carbohydrate 8g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 14g