Elegant Salmon Piccata
- Yield 4 servings
- 4 -- (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- -- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -- garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup all-natural chicken broth
- -- Juice from 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Sprinkle both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper, place on a baking dish, and cook until the salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Whisk together the broth, lemon juice and flour until well blended and add to the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer and stir gently until the liquid thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the capers and parsley.
- Place the cooked salmon on a plate and drizzle with the sauce. Serve with rice and broccoli on the side.
Recipe by Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD, and Liz Weiss, MS, RD, cofounders, Meal Makeover Moms.com