Elegant Salmon Piccata
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- -- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1-- garlic clove, minced
- 1cup all-natural chicken broth
- -- Juice from 1 lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2tablespoons capers, drained
- 2tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Sprinkle both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper, place on a baking dish, and cook until the salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Whisk together the broth, lemon juice and flour until well blended and add to the saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly. Continue to simmer and stir gently until the liquid thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the capers and parsley.
- Place the cooked salmon on a plate and drizzle with the sauce. Serve with rice and broccoli on the side.
Recipe by Janice Newell Bissex, MS, RD, and Liz Weiss, MS, RD, cofounders, Meal Makeover Moms.com
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 260
- Fat 9g
- Sodium 420mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 38g