Elegant Liver Pate
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 10 mins
- 3/4 pound pork liver
- 1 -- onion, quartered
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cognac or other brandy
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, OR salad dressing
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dijon style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
Combine pork liver, onion quarters, water and bouillon granules in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Drain, discarding all but pork liver.
Place liver in work bowl of food processor. Add green onion and butter; process for 10 seconds. Scrape down sides of work bowl; add remaining ingredients and continue processing until smooth.
Oil a 2 cup mold or small bowl. Pack liver mixture into mold. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Turn pate out of mold and serve with assorted crackers.