Elegant Beef Tenderloin
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1-- 5-pound beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 1/4teaspoons garlic salt
- 1cup Burgundy wine
- 1/4cup soy sauce
- 3/4cup butter or margarine
- 1teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- -- Grapes, optional
- -- Celery leaves, optional
- -- Lemon zest, optional
- Place tenderloin on a lightly greased, shallow roasting pan and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake in a preheated 425F oven for 10-minutes.
- Combine wine, soy sauce, butter and lemon pepper in a small saucepan. Cook until mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Pour over tenderloin and bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 140F (rare), 150F (medium rare) or 160F (medium).
- Baste occasionally with pan drippings.
- Garnish beef with grapes, celery leaves and lemon zest if desired.
- Slice in thick pieces to serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Columbus’ A Southern Collection Then and Now (The Junior League of Columbus, Georgia, Inc. 1994).