Eggplant Pepper Pasta
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1pound cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for 6 to 8 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the broth and tortellini. Cover and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 12-15 minutes, or until the tortellini are cooked through and most of the broth is absorbed.
- Fold in the parsley and 1/4 cup of the parmesan. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan on top.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 556
- Fat 20.2g
- Saturated Fat 7.6g
- Cholesterol 58mg
- Sodium 939mg
- Carbohydrate 71.2g
- Fiber 9.1g
- Sugars 8.1g
- Protein 26.7g