- 6cups peeled, chopped, eggplant
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2pound ground sirloin
- 1teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 3cups cooked rice (brown preferred)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2cups marinara sauce
- 1cup shredded, part-skim, mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sauté eggplant, onion, garlic, and meat until meat is done and eggplant is tender, about 20 minutes. Toss in oregano, basil, rice, and seasoning to taste.
- Place mixture in a large casserole dish. Layer on marinara sauce and garnish with cheese
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Gulf Coast Favorites (Holly Clegg, 2008). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 122
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 372mg
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 13g