- Yield: 4 servings
- 6-- egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 to 1 1/4cup whiskey
- 3/4cup sugar
- 1/16teaspoon salt
- 2cups milk
- 6-- egg whites, at room temperature
- 3tablespoons sugar
- 2cups heavy whipping cream, at room temperature
- Beat the egg yolks in a mixing bowl just until thick and pale yellow in color. Add the whiskey, 3/4 cup sugar and the salt and beat until blended. Mix in the milk.
- Beat the egg whites in a mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Add 3 tablespoons sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold the egg whites into the custard. Beat the whipping cream in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form and fold into the egg white mixture. Pour into mugs or stemmed goblets.
- If you are concerned about using raw eggs, use eggs pasteurized in their shells, which are sold at some specialty food stores, or use an equivalent amount of pasteurized egg substitute.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Palm Beaches’ Worth Tasting(the Junior League of Palm Beaches, Inc., West Palm Beach, Fl., 2007).