- Yield 12 servings
A terrific bread to serve during the holiday season.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1 -- egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped candied fruit
- 1 cup pecans
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and slat into a bowl. Mix the eggnog, egg and butter in a small bowl. Add to the flour mixture and mix until smooth. Stir in the candied fruit and pecans.
- Spoon into a lightly greased loaf pan. Bake at 350F for 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Bermuda Junior Service League’s Island Thyme (Hamilton HM FX, Bermuda, 2005).