Eggnog Biscotti Cheesecake
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
- 8 ounces plain Donsuemor Biscotti
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 8 ounce packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
- Sugared rosemary sprigs and cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300F. Place the biscotti in a food processor and pulse until small crumbs form. Place the crumbs in a small bowl and pour melted butter over top. Stir to combine. Press the mixture along the bottom and up the sides of a 6×3 springform pan. You can use a larger pan if necessary, just know that your cheesecake will be wider and not as tall. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until well incorporated. Add the eggs one at a time while the mixer is running on low, scraping down the sides as needed. Add bourbon, mix well; incorporate the flour and nutmeg. Continue to stir until just combined. Pour into the prepared pan (it will almost be completely full to the top if using a 6×3 pan) and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 60-70 minutes until an instant read thermometer reaches 150F.
- Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Carefully run a table knife around the circumference of the cake to separate it from the pan and to prevent cracking. Allow to sit at room temperature to continue cooling for 3 hours. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, whip the cream with the sugar until soft peaks form. Remove the collar from the cheesecake and place on a serving plate, spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake and garnish with the nutmeg, cranberries and rosemary. Serve immediately.
To make the sugared garnish (for decoration purposes only): Lightly run the rosemary under water and shake off the excess. Sprinkle lightly with sugar until the desired look is achieved. Place on parchment and allow to dry. For the cranberries, dip them in an egg white then roll in sugar. Allow to dry.