Egg White Frittata with Tomatoes, Spinach, Mushrooms and Goat Cheese
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2teaspoons olive oil
- 9large egg whites
- 2ounces creamy goat cheese
- 1tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2cups (packed) spinach leaves, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2cups sliced mixed mushrooms (crimini, oyster, white)
- 1 red onion, diced
- Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms; sauté until golden. Add tomatoes; sauté until tender. Add spinach; stir just until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk egg whites, and salt and pepper to taste until frothy. Pour egg mixture over hot vegetables in skillet; stir gently to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook without stirring until eggs are set on bottom, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over frittata. Broil until cheese melts and top is set, 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with chopped basil.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 80
- Fat 3.5g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 130mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 9g