Egg and Bacon Casserole
- Yield: 12 servings
"My church serves this breakfast dish to students who are graduating from high school each May. It's always served with fresh fruit, pastries and, of course, fresh Wisconsin milk."
- 12 eggs
- 1quart milk
- 4cups seasoned croutons
- 8ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1tablespoon minced dried onion flakes
- 1teaspoon dry mustard
- 1pound bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1. Beat eggs lightly. Add milk, crouton, cheese, onion flakes and dry mustard. Stir well and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3. Stir egg mixture and pour into pan. Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Bake 25 minutes longer. Cut into squares.
Recipe by Sue Thelen, Elkhorn, Wis.