Egg and Bacon Casserole
- Yield 12 servings
A cheesy casserole made with crunchy croutons and onion flakes.
"My church serves this breakfast dish to students who are graduating from high school each May. It's always served with fresh fruit, pastries and, of course, fresh Wisconsin milk."
- 12 eggs
- 1 quart milk
- 4 cups seasoned croutons
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pound bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1. Beat eggs lightly. Add milk, crouton, cheese, onion flakes and dry mustard. Stir well and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3. Stir egg mixture and pour into pan. Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Bake 25 minutes longer. Cut into squares.
Recipe by Sue Thelen, Elkhorn, Wis.