Edamame Walnut Salad
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Young green soybeans are the base of a tasty and nutritious salad.
This delicious side dish was developed by Elizabeth Karmel of the website www.GirlsattheGrill. It is a perfect complement to grilled pork chops.
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 12 ounces shelled cooked edamame
- 1/2 cup walnut halves, toasted
- Prepare a vinaigrette by combining mustard, vinegar, olive oil, ginger, salt, sugar and pepper. Whisk together until emulsified.
- Combine orange sections, edamame and walnuts. Toss with vinaigrette.
Adapted from Simply Soy, courtesy of The Soyfoods Council