Easy Crock-Pot White Chicken Chili
- Yield 12 servings
A super chicken chili with white beans and salsa verde.
- 2 chicken breasts (I just use the breast meat from the store-bought roast chickens - minus the skin)
- 4 cans white beans, rinse and drained
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, grated
- 16 ounces salsa verde
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- to taste white pepper
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1/2 cup finely crushed white corn tortilla chips
- Sour cream, optional
- White corn tortilla chips, optional
- Set Crock-Pot to High (or Medium High, if you have that option).
- Remove chicken breasts from roasted chicken, discard the skin, fork-shred meat, and add to Crock-Pot. Add beans, cheese, salsa verde, cumin, garlic and white pepper. Stir to combine. Add chicken broth and stir well. Place lid on Crock-Pot and cook 5 to 6 hours.
- Add crushed corn chips and let simmer about 10 minutes. (The chips act as a thickening agent, so if you want a thicker chili, add more chips, or for a thinner chili, add less chips.)
- Serve up with a dollop of sour cream and white corn tortilla chips.