- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 1/2cup finely chopped onion
- 2cloves garlic, chopped
- 1tablespoon water
- 1/2cup finely chopped celery
- 1pound ground turkey breast meat
- 1teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2teaspoons prepared mustard, spicy
- white pepper (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1/2cup fat-free cereal or crackers
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Using a food processor, process the crackers into fine crumbs.
- Saute the onion and garlic with 1 Tb. water over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes, until the aromatics soften and the water has evaporated. Add celery and saute, stirring, 3 minutes to soften. If vegetables begin to stick, deglaze with additional water as needed.
- In large bowl, combine turkey meat, sauteed vegetables, onion powder, mustard, pepper, egg white, nutmeg, crumbs, and parsley. Mix well.
- Form into patties and cook (turning once) in a saute pan over medium-high heat until the center temperature is 180 F. Once cooked, add desired toppings and serve.