Easy Three-Cheese Lasagna
- Yield: servings
- 5cups tomato-based pasta sauce
- 9 pieces (about 8 ounces) uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2cups (1 pound) Real California Ricotta cheese
- 10ounces sliced Real California Mozzarella cheese
- 2cups (about 6 ounces) finely grated Real California Dry Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread about 1 1/2 cups of sauce over the bottom, then place three lasagna noodles lengthwise over the sauce (Don’t worry if the uncooked lasagna noodles don’t extend the full length of your baking pan; they will expand in baking).
- Top with another 1 1/2 cups of sauce, then scatter the spinach over the sauce. Drizzle with olive oil. Top the spinach with half the Ricotta, placing it randomly in heaping tablespoons. Arrange half the Mozzarella slices on top and sprinkle with half the grated Dry Jack. Top with three more lengthwise lasagna noodles, another 1 1/2 cups of sauce, then with the remaining Ricotta and Mozzarella.
- Place the remaining three lasagna noodles across the cheese, then spread the remaining sauce over it, covering the lasagna completely. Sprinkle with the remaining Dry Jack. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until bubbling and the top is browned. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature, then cut in squares to serve.
Recipe courtesy of the California Milk Advisory Board