Easy Stuffed Shells
- Yield: 6 servings
- 18large pasta shells
- 1-- (26-ounce) jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1-- egg
- 1-- (12.3-ounce) package silken soft tofu, mashed
- 2cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray bottom of 13 x 9 x 2 inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. In large bowl, beat egg. Stir in tofu, 1 3/4 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese and the parsley.
- To assemble, spread 1 cup of the sauce in baking dish. Fill cooked shells with tofu/cheese mixture. Arrange filled shells in the baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over shells. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake, covered with foil, until bubbly, about 45 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Barb Overlie.