Easy Stuffed Rolled Chicken
- Yield 4 servings
Bacon, spinach, and cheese are stuffed inside chicken breasts for a loaded, satisfying dinner.
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened to 1/4 inch
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pieces bacon
- 12 ounces spinach, stemmed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups breadcrumbs (regular or Italian style)
- 2 cups jarred, low-sodium marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F. Spray bottom of a casserole pan with nonstick spray.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with half the salt and pepper.
- Place bacon in skillet over medium heat and cook until crisp. Remove bacon and reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon grease. Set aside 15 to 20 large spinach leaves. Add remaining spinach to skillet and stir until slightly wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer wilted spinach into bowl of a food processor. Add cream cheese, Parmesan, bacon and remaining salt. Process until just smooth.
- Place reserved spinach on top of chicken. Place 2 tablespoons of spinach mixture on top and spread. Roll up chicken, dip in egg whites and roll in breadcrumbs. Place seam side down in prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Spoon on marinara sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella. Return to oven and broil 2 to 3 minutes, until cheese melts. Serves 4.
For more from Matt Robinson, check out realfoodbydad.com.