Easy Spinach Alfredo Lasagna
- Yield: 12 servings
- 15ounces creamy Alfredo sauce, storebought or homemade, divided
- 9ounces oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 24ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 15ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2cups Italian blend shredded cheese, or shredded plain low-moisture, part-skim mozzarella
- 2teaspoons salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the Alfredo sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish (see note). Place a layer of noodles down on top of the sauce. If the noodles don’t fit, break them up to create an even layer.
- Microwave the spinach in a microwave-safe bowl, 5 minutes on high, and drain away the liquid. Mix in the ricotta cheese and salt.
- Spoon half of the spinach mixture into a layer on top of the noodles, sprinkle with a handful of the shredded cheese, then lay another layer of noodles on top.
- Spread remaining half of the spinach mixture on top, then sprinkle a little bit of shredded cheese and a few spoonfuls (4 to 5 tablespoons) of Alfredo sauce on top.
- Lay another layer of noodles on top, and spoon the remaining Alfredo sauce on top.
- Fill the empty sauce jar one-quarter full with water (about ½ cup) and pour on top of the noodles. Spread around so that the sauce is distributed evenly, then sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top. Bake for 50 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbly on the top around the edges. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, slice into 12 pieces, and enjoy.
Note: Lasagna is one of those dishes that freezes and then subsequently reheats really well, so this would make an excellent dish to have on hand in the freezer or to gift someone as a freezer meal.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Five-Ingredient Recipes © 2016 by Philia Kelnhoffer, The Countryman Press