Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 7-8pounds pork butt or shoulder
- 1/2cup yellow mustard, French's suggested
- 1/4cup favorite rub, DennyMike's Sublime Swine suggested
- 1/2cup apple juice (optional)
1. Take a fresh pork butt or shoulder and rub lightly with prepared yellow mustard. Wipe off any excess making sure to cover all areas of red or pink meat. Sprinkle liberally with rub.
Place in food safe plastic bag or container and refrigerate overnight, if possible. If overnight prep is not possible, prep the meat 2 to 3 hours before cooking.
2. Place pork into 6-8 quart slow cooker. Add about 1/2 cup apple juice during cooking if meat looks dry.
3. Cook for 10 hours on low. Internal temperature should reach 190-200F. Allow to cool 30-45 minutes or until you can handle the pork without burning your hands.
4. Remove all fat and add saved juices back into the pork. Break up pork so that it’s pulled or shredded to desired consistency.
Recipe from DennyMike’s Sauces and Seasonings.