Easy Shrimp Scampi
- Yield: 2-4 servings
- 1pound Shrimp (16-20 count, shelled & cleaned)
- 2-3tablespoons Unsalted Butter (Grass-Fed if Paleo)
- 2-3tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (or Reg Olive Oil)
- 4cloves Garlic, Pressed (or minced)
- 1/2 - 3/4cup White Wine -or- Maibock Beer (or similar)
- 1/2 -teaspoon Red pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1-3tablespoon Lemon Juice (1/2 Lemon)
- 2-3tablespoons Parsley, Flatleaf (chopped)
- 1pinch Salt (to taste)
- 1dash Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Heat a sauté pan to medium-high and add both butter and the olive oil. When the foam subsides, add the garlic (and red pepper flakes if you are using them). Sauté for 30 seconds until garlic is fragrant. (Do NOT let garlic brown, which turns it bitter).
- Add the shrimp to the pan, followed by the beer or wine. (It will again foam up.) Stir all the ingredients to combine and then spread the shrimp out in an even layer. Increase the heat to the highest setting and let the beer/wine boil hard for two or three minutes.
- Toss the shrimp and boil the beer/wine for another minute. Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice and parsley and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
If Paleo or Low-Carb, serve as is. If Gluten-Free, use wine and serve with rice. Otherwise serve with pasta, rice, or a good loaf of bread to mop up the sauce.