Easy Sausage Empanadas
- Yield servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 25 mins
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoon pimento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins, chopped
- 1 -- egg, separated
- 1 -- 15-oz package ready to bake pie crusts, (2 crusts)
Crumble sausage in a medium skillet. Add onion, garlic powder, cumin and oregano; cook over medium-high heat till sausage is no longer pink.
Drain and discard drippings. Stir in olives and raisins. Beat the egg yolk slightly; stir into sausage mixture, mixing well.
Unfold crusts and cut into 3-inch rounds with biscuit cutter. Place about 2 teaspoons of sausage filling on half the cutouts. Top with remaining dough.
Moisten fingers with water and pinch dough to seal edges. Slighly beat the egg white; gently brush over top of empanadas.
Bake in a 425F. oven for 15-18 minutes, until browned. Serve hot.