Easy Peach Crisp
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 45 mins
A warm baking dish seems the perfect place to stash the abundance of summer peaches from the market.
To peel peaches, drop them into boiling water for about a minute. Transfer immediately to a sink full of ice water. The skins will slip off easily.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons, all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 7 cups sliced peeled peaches (about 3 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or your hands until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Combine sliced peaches and 2 tablespoons flour in a bowl; toss gently. Spoon peach mixture into a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Bake 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly.