Easy Oven Ribs
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 345 mins
Using purchased chili sauce as the base, the saucy pork ribs slow-bake in the oven until they're extra tender and FOB perfect.
You can prepare these ribs right up until baking stage and seal them in an airtight plastic container and freeze until ready to bake.
- 2 cups chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 racks pork ribs
- To prepare the marinade, combine all ingredients except ribs in a large bowl.
- Place ribs in a large pan. Pour marinade over ribs, making sure to coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Remove ribs from marinade; reserve marinade. Place ribs on the rack of a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 5 hours, basting with reserved marinade every 30 minutes.
- After the last basting, place marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Serve with ribs.
Recipe by Doug Hosford.