Easy Mushroom Ravioli with Four-Cheese Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3tablespoons butter
- 1medium onion, finely chopped
- 1pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2large garlic cloves, minced
- 2tablespoons lite soy or tamari sauce
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (14-ounce) package won ton wrappers
- 1 1/2tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4cups 2% milk
- 1cup shredded Italian 4 cheese blend
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Diced red pepper, chopped chives or sliced green onion tops or minced parsley
- To make ravioli: In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; sauté onion 1 to 2 minutes just to soften. Add mushrooms and sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until liquid is released; reduce heat to low and add garlic, soy sauce, pepper and thyme. Continue to cook, stirring often until a thick paste is formed, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- To assemble ravioli: Place a few won ton skins on work surface (keeping others covered so as not to dry out); place a heaping tablespoon of filling in center of each. Brush water around the outside edges of each wrapper; top with a second wrapper. Press out air and edges to seal. Place on a damp towel-lined baking sheet and cover with damp towel while making remaining ravioli. Refrigerate or freeze as directed below until cooking time.
- To make the sauce: In medium saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbling. Whisk in milk and bring to boil, whisking constantly until thickened; reduce heat and stir in cheese, cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Keep warm on low heat until ready to serve or reheat in microwave on MEDIUM power.
- In large, wide saucepan or deep skillet of gently boiling water, cook ravioli in batches (in single layers) about 4 minutes or until tender but firm. (Do not let water boil vigorously once ravioli have been added.) Remove with slotted spoon to shallow baking pans, in single layers; add about 1/2 inch cooking water to baking pans and keep warm in oven while cooking remaining ravioli. Transfer with slotted spoon, draining off excess water to warm serving plates. Spoon sauce evenly over ravioli, garnish as desired.
- Tip: To make ahead, freeze ravioli in single layers on parchment lined baking sheets. When frozen, transfer to resealable freezer bag. Cook from frozen state increasing the time to 8-10 minutes or until tender.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 580
- Fat 22g
- Saturated Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 80mg
- Sodium 1560mg
- Carbohydrate 68g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 26g