Easy Lemon and Herb Chicken Thighs
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 35 minutes
- 1tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (with skins)
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3/4cup dry white wine
- 1/2cup chicken stock
- 1/2cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat a medium cast iron or oven-safe pan over med/high heat.
- Add the oil and place the chicken thighs in the pan, skin-side down. Cook for 6-8 minutes until skin is golden brown and crispy. Flip over and cook another 5 mins.
- Remove the chicken and place on a plate and pour off the oil.
- Add the garlic, herbs, lemon slices, white wine and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Arrange the chicken in the pan, skin side up and place the pan in the oven.
- Roast the chicken until cooked through, about 20 mins.
- Take the pan out of the oven, remove the chicken to a plate and tent with foil.
- Place the pan on the stove over medium/high heat and add the cream to the sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil and stir until it thickens slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the chicken with the sauce spooned over the top and garnish with the lemon slices and herbs.