Easy Green Bean Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Yield 6 servings
This salad of green beans and fresh sliced mushrooms is easy to make and with the vinaigrette dressing, easy to enjoy.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, cut about 1/2-inch long
- 3 tablespoons canola or corn oil
- 1 tablespoon tarragon or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Fill large bowl with ice and cold water; set aside.
- Bring to boil a large saucepot filled with water. Add green beans and boil for 1 minute.
- Drain beans and immediately place in bowl of ice water to quickly cool. Drain.
- Toss green beans with mushrooms and chives.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour dressing over beans and toss to mix just before serving.
Recipe by Mary Abbott Hess, Illinois. Reprinted with permission from the American Dietetic Association's Cooking Healthy Across America (Wiley, 2004).