Easy Green Bean Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/2pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2tablespoons fresh chives, cut about 1/2-inch long
- 3tablespoons canola or corn oil
- 1tablespoon tarragon or apple cider vinegar
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Fill large bowl with ice and cold water; set aside.
- Bring to boil a large saucepot filled with water. Add green beans and boil for 1 minute.
- Drain beans and immediately place in bowl of ice water to quickly cool. Drain.
- Toss green beans with mushrooms and chives.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Pour dressing over beans and toss to mix just before serving.
Recipe by Mary Abbott Hess, Illinois. Reprinted with permission from the American Dietetic Association's Cooking Healthy Across America (Wiley, 2004).