Easy Crock Pot Posole
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3pounds pork roast (shoulder roast or Boston Butt), trimmed
- 2large onions, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can of mild green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) cans of chopped green chiles
- 1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white hominy, undrained
- 2 1/2tablespoons chipotle adobo sauce (from a can of chipotle peppers)
- Sliced radishes, chopped cilantro and crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Place pork roast in large slow cooker. Add onions and next 5 ingredients (onions through garlic).
- Cook on medium heat 6 to 8 hours, until meat is fork tender. Remove meat and shred using 2 forks. Place meat back in slow cooker. Add hominy and adobo sauce. Cook 30 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with radishes, cilantro and a crumble of cheese. Makes 13 cups.
—Recipe by Kerri Fivecoat Campbell
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 510
- Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 150mg
- Sodium 1230mg
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 52g