Easy Cream Cheese Danish
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 8 oz package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 8-count packages crescent rolls
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
- 8tablespoons brown sugar
- 8teaspoons preserves (any flavor)
- 1/2cup powdered sugar
- 1tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine softened cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir until smooth and creamy.
- Separate dough into 8 rectangles. Pat perforations to close. Spread melted butter over dough. Sprinkle each piece with 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Roll up from long side; pinch edges to seal. Holding by one end, loosely coil each roll into a circle. Using your fingers, spread out the dough to make room in the middle for filling.
- Place on prepared pan. Top each roll with about 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture and 1 teaspoon preserves. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden brown.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice; stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Makes 8 rolls.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 420
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 600mg
- Carbohydrate 55g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 6g