Easy Cranberry Yam Bread
- Yield 16 servings
Cream cheese, yams and cranberries give this easy bread a rich flavor.
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes (yams), drained and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in sweet potatoes and eggs. Combine with biscuit mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and cranberries until just blended. Spoon batter evenly into loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, making sure the center of the bread is firm. Let bread rest 15 minutes before serving.