Easy Cranberry Yam Bread
- Yield 16 servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can sweet potatoes (yams), drained and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in sweet potatoes and eggs. Stir in biscuit mix, cinnamon, nutmeg and cranberries until just blended. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello’s Eating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During and After Treatment (2001).