Easy Coconut Cake
- Yield 28 servings
Take a bite of coconut heaven with this undemanding, yet enticing, mouthwatering coconut cake with the infamous cream-cheese icing.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup non-alcoholic Pina Colada mix
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut, optional
- Cream Cheese Icing:
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven 350F. Spray a large pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine cake mix, egg, egg whites, oil, sour cream and Pina Colada mix, in a large bowl and beat until thoroughly combined. Spoon batter into baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes, making sure the center of the cake is firm.
- Beeat cream cheese and butter until creamy, then add confectioners sugar, and coconut and vanilla extracts. Stir in coconut and pecans. Smooth icing onto cooled cake and garnish with coconut flecks.