Easy Coconut Cake
- Yield 28 servings
Take a bite of coconut heaven with this undemanding, yet enticing, mouthwatering coconut cake with the infamous cream-cheese icing.
- 1 -- (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 -- egg
- 2 -- egg whites
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 cup non-alcoholic Pina Colada mix
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut, optional
- Cream Cheese Icing:
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 -- (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven 350F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, egg, egg whites, oil, sour cream, and Pina Colada mix, beating until well mixed. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- To prepare icing: In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until creamy. Gradually add confectioners sugar, and coconut and vanilla extracts. Stir in coconut and pecans, spread on cooled cake. Garnish cake with toasted coconut, if using.