Easy Chocolate Chess Pie
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
This pie is best served warm.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 2 -- eggs, beaten
- 1 can (15 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -- unbaked (9-inch) pie shell
- -- Whipped cream for garnish
- -- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- Mix the sugar and baking cocoa in a large bowl.
- Whisk the melted butter and eggs in a separate bowl. Add to the sugar mixture and stir well to mix. Stir in the evaporated milk and vanilla gradually.
- Pour into the pie shell. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown and set. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve warm topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Mississippi University for Women Alumnae Association, Southern Grace, Recipes and Remembrances from The W, (Mississippi University for Women Alumnae Association, 2004)