Easy Chicken Melts
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4slices onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 4 red bell pepper rings, 1/2-inch thick
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 4large kaiser rolls, split
- Place onion, bell pepper and chicken on grill over medium-high heat.
- Cook vegetables 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Cook chicken 5 to 7 minutes on each side. During last 2 minutes of cooking, sprinkle cheese on chicken.
- When cheese is melted, place chicken on kaiser rolls and top each with grilled vegetables.
NOTE: If you’d like, place the split kaiser rolls face down on the grill for a few minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Debbye Dabbs, Take Five – A Men’s Cookbook (D. D. Publishing, 2007)