Easy Chicken Couscous
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- 2 cups chicken both
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -- 5.8-ounce box instant coucous
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry cooking wine
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 -- Rotisserie chicken, pulled, skin removed
- 1/2 cup chiffonade of fresh basil
- Bring broth, carrots, olive oil and salt to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Gently fluff couscous mixture with a fork to separate. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, sherry cooking wine, black pepper and salt. Drizzle over couscous and gently toss. Add rotisserie chicken and lightly toss. Top with fresh basil and serve warm or chilled.
* Note: Tart, creamy feta is also delicious in this simple, filling dish.