Easy Cheesy Tomato Sandwiches
- Yield 2 servings
Grilled cheese and tomatoes, dressed up with onion and tomato, makes a great lunch of soup accompaniment for dinnertime soup.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 ounce sliced cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce sliced provolone cheese
- 1 small tomato, washed, dried, sliced
- 1 small thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 avocado, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place bread butter side down in skillet and add cheddar, tomato and onion slices and provolone.
- Place tomato, avocado and onion slices in between cheese to keep juices contained. Place bread on top with butter side up.
- Grill/fry until lightly browned, flip over and continue cooking until cheese is melted.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids