Easy Cheesy Tomato Sandwiches
- Yield: 2 servings
- 4slices whole wheat bread
- 1ounce sliced cheddar cheese
- 1ounce sliced provolone cheese
- 1small tomato, washed, dried, sliced
- 1small thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1/2 avocado, cut into slices
- 1tablespoon butter
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place bread butter side down in skillet and add cheddar, tomato and onion slices and provolone.
- Place tomato, avocado and onion slices in between cheese to keep juices contained. Place bread on top with butter side up.
- Grill/fry until lightly browned, flip over and continue cooking until cheese is melted.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 503
- Cholesterol 450mg
- Sodium 596mg
- Fiber 9g