Easy Cheddar Sage Biscuits
- Yield: 10 servings
If you don't have self-rising flour, use 2 cups all-purpose flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 2cups self-rising flour
- 1/2cup plain, low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4cup whole milk
- 1/2cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place self-rising flour in a mixing bowl, making a “well” in the center with a fork.
- Whisk together yogurt and milk. Gently pour into flour well. Add cheese and sage. Blend with a fork. Dough should be a bit wet and sticky. Add a bit more milk if necessary.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface. Shake flour over the top and gently pat out dough to about ½-inch thick. Cut into rounds with a 3-inch cutter that’s been dipped in flour. Place rounds on a baking sheet or greased cast-iron skillet with sides touching.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until biscuits are golden brown.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 110
- Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 360mg
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 5g