- Yield 12 to 14 servings
A succulent tender brisket. Leftovers make incredible sandwiches.
This recipe can be made in a slow cooker.
- 5 to 6 pounds very lean brisket, trimmed of fat
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Liberally season brisket with garlic powder.
- Combine brown sugar, water, onion soup mix and ketchup and mix thoroughly. Place brisket in a large baking pan or roaster and douse with marinade.
- Cover and cook for 4 1/2 hours to 5 hours. Meat should be fork tender.
- Slice against the grain and spoon sauce over meat before serving.