Easy Blackened Shrimp
- Yield 4 servings
Simple roasted shrimp with a slightly sweet but very spicy seasoning delivers instant flavor with little effort.
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- -- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 24 -- large peeled shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven 400F.
- In resealable plastic bag or bowl, com¬bine all seasonings. Add shrimp and shake to coat evenly.
- Place shrimp on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Roast 5–7 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.