Easy Bean Salad
- Yield 10 servings
- 1/2 cup low-fat or fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed, or 1 1/2 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed, or 1½ cups cooked pinto beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed, or 1 1/2 cups cooked peas
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen lima beans (preferably fordhook lima beans), thawed completely, or 1 1/2 cups cooked lima beans, or 1 1/2 cups cooked green soybeans (shelled edamame)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed completely, or cooked fresh corn, chilled
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Toss all ingredients together. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Stored in a covered container in the refrigerator, leftover Easy Bean Salad will keep for up to 3 days. Makes about 10 cups.
Recipe courtesy of The Cancer Project