Easy Banana Bread
- Yield 16 servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups biscuit baking mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350F. Coat 9 x 5 x3-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar until light. Beat in bananas, egg and egg whites. Stir in biscuit mix and cinnamon until just blended. Turn into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 15 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello’s Eating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During and After Treatment (2001).